Friday, April 6, 2018

Celebrating work being done in Latin America

At 12:30pm local time today (6:30am EDT), the Holy Father, Pope Francis received in audience Ms. Henryane de Chaponay from Paris, the founder of the Centre d'Étude du développement en Amérique latine (CEDAL).


Greetings of the Holy Father, Pope Francis
during the meeting with Henryane de Cahponay

Ms. Henryane, dear friend,

I am pleased to welcome you this morning, to greet you and to pay homage to your commitment to the service of peace, the defence of human rights, the protection of our earth and to supporting the growth of a more human and fraternal society.

I appreciate your mission as founder of the Centre for Studies relating to the development of Latin America (CEDAL).  Your indefatigable creativity has borne fruit through your Dialogues in humanity, whose gatherings are aimed at refocusing policies on humanity, in order to build a citizenship that takes care of our common home.  It is good to stir up an art of living together in simplicity, benevolence and fraternity and to teach a culture of respect and of encounter, the only path capable of building a future aimed at the height of mankind's ideals.

With the Encyclical Laudato Si', with various messages, convoking the upcoming Synod of Bishops on Amazonia, my hope is that our human history may become a flowering of liberation, growth, salvation and love (cf Laudato Si', 79).  Expressing to all of you my gratitude for your generosity and your dedication, I assure you of my prayer and with all my heart, I impart to you my blessing.

No comments: