Monday, January 15, 2018

Departure for Chile and Perù

The Holy Father, Pope Francis' 22nd International Apostolic Voyage, which takes him to Chile and Perù, began this morning.

The aircraft carrying the Holy Father (an Alitalia B777) departed from Rome's Fumicino International Airport at 8:55am local time today (2:55am EST).  It is expected to arrive at the Santiago International Airport in Chile at 8:10pm local time (6:10pm EST).


At the moment when the aircraft left Italian airspace on its way to Chile and Perù, and passing through the airspace over other countries en route, the Holy Father, Pope Francis sent the following telegram to the respective Heads of State:

To His Excellency
The Honourable Sergio Mattarella
President of the Italian Republic
Palazzo del Quirinale

At the moment when I am leaving Rome to make my way to Chile and Perù in order to support the mission of the local Church and to deliver a message of hope, I am pleased to send to you, Mister President, my respectful greetings, accompanied by my fervent wishes for the spiritual well-being - both civilly and socially - of the Italian people upon whom I willingly impart my Apostolic blessing.

Francis

While passing over France

His Excellency, Emmanuel Macron
President of the French Republic
Paris

As I fly over France on my way to Chile and Perù for a pastoral visit, I send cordial greetings to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens.  I pray that Almighty God may bless you all with peace and strength as I invoke divine blessings upon the nation.

Francis

While passing over Spain

His Majesty, Felipe VI
King of Spain
Madrid

 I extend cordial greetings to Your Majesty, the members of the Royal Family and the people of Spain as I fly over your country on my way to Chile and Perù for a pastoral visit.  Invoking the blessing of Almighty God upon the nation, I pray that He may grant all of you peace and well-being.

Francis

While passing over Morocco

His Majesty, Mohammed VI
King of Morocco
Rabat

I offer best wishes and the assurance of my prayers as my journey to Chile and Perù takes me over Morocco.  Entrusting Your Majesty, the members of the Royal Family and the people of Morocco to the Almighty, I willingly invoke upon you the blessings of joy and peace.

Francis

While passing over Cabo Verde

His Excellency, Jorge Carlos Fonseca
President of the Republic of Cabo Verde
Praia

I offer best wishes and the assurance of my prayers as my journey to Chile and Perù takes me over Cabo Verde.  Entrusting Your Excellency and your fellow citizens to Almighty God, I willingly invoke upon you the blessings of joy and peace.

Francis

While passing over Senegal

His Excellency, Macky Sall
President of the Republic of Senegal
Dakar

As my journey to Chile and Perù takes me through Senegal's airspace, I extend best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens, with the assurance of my prayers for the peace and well-being of the nation.

Francis

While passing over Brazil

His Excellency, Michel Temer
President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
Brasília

As I travel over Brazil on my Apostolic visit to Chile and Perù, I offer best wishes to Your Excellency and your fellow citizens with the assurance of my prayers for the peace and prosperity of the nation.

Francis

While passing over Paraguay

His Excellency, Horacio Cartes
President of the Republic of Paraguay
Asunción

Recalling our recent meeting, I send my greetings to Your Excellency and the people of Paraguay as I fly over the nation on my journey to Chile and Perù.  Upon all of you I invoke the divine blessings of peace and strength.

Francis

While passing over Argentina

His Excellency, Mauricio Macri
President of the Argentine Republic
Buenos Aires

As I fly over Argentinian airspace, I extend to you my warm greetings and I send heartfelt best wishes to all the people of my homeland, assuring them of my closeness and blessing.  I ask all of you, please, do not forget to pray for me.

Francis

No comments: